ANDRITZ to supply main production technologies and equipment for a new pulp mill in Lao PDR
(Graz, Austria, January 17, 2017) International technology Group ANDRITZ has received an order from Sun Paper Holding Lao Co. Ltd. to supply main production technologies and equipment for a new pulp mill located in the city of Xepon, Lao People’s Democratic Republic. Start-up is expected in mid-2018.
The ANDRITZ scope of supply includes:
• main process equipment for the woodyard, including HHQ-Chipper, chip screening, and bark processing,
• MC equipment for the complete fiberline, as well as the screening plant and ozone bleaching stage,
• a complete pulp drying line with a TwinWirePress pulp machine, airborne dryer, cutter-layboy, and bale finishing system,
• the largest High Energy Recovery Boiler (HERB) ever installed in the Lao PDR,
• a LimeWhite white liquor filter for the recausticizing plant,
• a methanol liquefaction system to produce additional fuel for the recovery boiler and lime kiln from gases from the evaporation plant.
The main reasons for Sun Paper to select ANDRITZ as supplier of main technologies for its new pulp mill were both the positive experience from previous joint projects and the state-of-the-art technologies supplied by ANDRITZ to ensure reliable operation and high availability of the pulp mill. Both companies have been business partners for many decades. (Source: press release)
Cover Image: ANDRITZ Twin Wire Press TWP (courtesy Andritz)